books to read.
The best presents I’ve received, yet left unread.
Every single time I walk into a bookstore, I’ll either leave with a new book or a new title (and later in the night, a new pdf =X). Made a pact with LF that I’ll not buy another book until I finish the dry-est book, Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits.
So here’s my outstanding list so far, the ones above and the ones in my Kindle:
1) 2 issues of Reader’s Digest
2) Dead Souls – Nikolai Gogol
3) Les Miserables – Victor Hugo
4) Shades of Grey – Jasper Ford
5) The Finkler Question – Howard Jacobson
6) Three Cups of Tea – Greg Mortenson
7) Nothing to Envy – Barbara Demick
8) Atlas Shrugged – Dave Sandoval
9) The name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss
10) Port Mortuary – Patricia Cornwell
11) The 7th Victim – Alan Jacobson
And so without further ado, I’m off to read, not the dry book though.
The reason no man knows, let it suffice.
What we behold is censured by our eyes.
Where both deliberate, the love is slight.
Who has loved that loved not at first sight.
– Christopher Marlowe